Monday, April 6, 2009

I carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me
(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it
(anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
    i fear no fate
(for you are my fate, my sweet)
i want no world
(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
 - e.e. cummings

i love you B. Happy Birthday!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Beautiful wife(?)!! Great soft shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Great photograph - I hope she likes it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday B! What a beautiful photograph!

    ReplyDelete